Friday, March 30, 2012
Patterns of error?
In my writing i tend to screw up on punctuation but only slightly. It's not as bad as someone in college not knowing the difference between You're and Your but it's pretty annoying. It takes away from how serious the reader can take me because of the thoughts that arise which in a nutshell can be described as " LOL THIS KIDS COMMA SPLICING AND FRAGMENTS ARE UNBEARABLE" I can fix this by taking the time to see a tutor for some assistance and practice. A second error i make in my papers is appearantly some kind of lacking of detail, but that doesn't really phase me too much because it's not something that I'd need to change my entire way of thinking as a writer to correct, just some self reminding here and there. A means by which i can fix this is by not rushing my papers and stopping to actually take into account whether or not the info I gave was sufficient or not. A third error I seem to take part in is bad organization because of the way I spread my subjects. If I were a stranger reading my papers i'd probly think something along the lines of "LOL this kid sucks at writing, i'd better make sure to send a virus to his computer which would corrupt microsoft word" If i were to correct this error i'd most likely get my paper reviewed by a peer and then a tutor or something. It's kind of hard describing how to correct your own errors when you know that if you did know how to correct them they wouldn't be there in the first place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment